Sunday, August 19, 2012

Welcome to First Grade, Heroes and Leaders!

Hi! My name is Lara Heine and I am super excited to be teaching First Grade here at TVE for the third year! I have been a Teravista Tiger from the very beginning of our school and look forward to a great year full of leading and learning opportunities! 

First graders at TVE are leaders and learners in all areas. They learn to read and write in  complex and differentiated ways. In math, the study of patterns and sophisticated problem solving leads students to a better understanding of mathematical reasoning and thinking.

I have taught in Round Rock ISD for 15 years and opened Teravista the very first year. I am excited for the adventure that awaits us this year! I live in Hutto and love to spend time with my twin sister, Lyssa, my niece and nephews - Rachel, Brandon, Austin, and Callen. I consider myself lucky to be an important part of their lives.


I am from the Austin area, born and raised, and a Texas Aggie (Class of 1996). I find value in the importance of education and every student reaching their full potential. I have always wanted to be a teacher and know that it is my true calling.

I love to read and write, and this summer have started to write my first novel. I am excited to be implementing the skills I teach students in a way that will make them proud to say they were a Hero someday!

I can't wait to learn more about you and your family. I will provide information and documents in this location weekly. Thanks for your time, and enjoy your last week of Summer!

Lara Heine, M. Ed.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle, Greek Philosopher

Wish List Items for Classroom:

post its - small - for marking reading responses
8 X 10 picture frames for posting model work for reading and writing workshop
avery mailing labels
file folders (like for filing papers) bright colors
1/2 price books gift cards
buttons (to sort)
playing cards
plants for student tables/classroom decoration

No comments:

Post a Comment