Sunday, November 20, 2011

This Week: Appreciation, Help, and Celebration

As this is the week of Thanksgiving, I want to tell you how thankful and happy I am to have the privilege of being the teacher for your amazing children and heroes. We will be spending these few  days beginning our study of customs and traditions and thinking about things we are thankful for -

As for me:
  • parents who are so supportive - we have had donations of post its, sheet protectors, stickers, pokemon cards, playing cards, treasure box items, basket items for the Fall fair and so many other items I cannot believe. We also have a parent reader who comes every week to read to the kids (they love it) and volunteers that I can count on in a moments notice. I am so invredibly grateful.
  • students who are proactive and love learning. They are making amazing progress and are learning so much academically and socially - they are growing right in front of my eyes! Thank you for trusting me with the education of your child.
A few notes:
  • We will be having Literacy Leadership day Tuesday. The kids will get to experience the joy of reading with community members and their fourth grade buddies.
  • Our holiday party is coming up soon and I need 1 or two moms/dads to coordinate the party. Please let me know if you are interested.
  • Mrs. Lestage's last day with us will be December 2. If you have time at home, maybe have each child write her a card or letter of thank you. I will be giving her flowers which students can bring a flower and contribute to the bouquet.
Have a happy and safe holiday - No homework (yay) but don't forget to read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment